46. FIELD TRIP AND EXCURSION POLICY
The field trip policies listed below apply to class trips, school group trips (e.g. choir, academic decathlon) and trips for school sports teams.
The school may plan off-campus field trips for one or more days including overnight field trips. The school, at its option, may decide not to offer overnight field trips. All field trips, whether day or overnight, must comply with the following requirements:
- Receive prior permission of the principal.
- Signed and dated Student and Youth Activity Permission Forms and Emergency Medical Authorizations received from parents. All permission and authorization forms must be in the possession of a supervising adult during the trip.
- All participants must have appropriate identification and travel documents.
- All Archdiocesan policies on safe environment must be followed, including background checks for vendors providing the trips, as applicable.
- State law requires that a first aid kit be immediately available to the supervising adult on all excursions and field trips. First aid kits must be carried in all vehicles transporting students to school sponsored activities. Student emergency information must be immediately available to the supervising adult. At least one adult chaperone shall be in possession of a cell phone. A snakebite kit must be included in any area where there are poisonous snakes.