Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksADLA Administrative Handbook > Chapter 13 - Students and Families > 13.4 - Transfer of Records > 13.4.1 - Student Transfers, Withdrawals, and Graduation

Print this topic

Student Transfers, Withdrawals, and Graduation​​​​

​Whenever a student transfers, the former school shall provide a copy of the Cumulative Pupil Record and the original health records to the intended s​chool​ when the intended school requests the information and the student's parents/guardians submit a release. The original Cumulative Pupil Record shall remain at the school.

​​The former school shall record the transfer, reason for the transfer, and name of the school where the student is transferring or entering after graduation.  

​​A school will not give official transcripts to students or parents/guardians. 

​Principals may be required by the county office of education to report the transfer, withdrawal, or expulsion of any student.

​​The school grants full credit for all work a student accomplishes up to the time of transfer, withdrawal, or expulsion.

For the policies on withholding student records see: 13.4.2 - Withholding of Records (

​​See the High School Graduation Agr​eement (sample)​.​